We provide two types of licensing: Standard and Extended. Our Standard One Time Use license permits you to use the purchased media in one design through the terms described below. Our Extended license expands on the One Time Use license to increase both the types and quantities of reproductions permitted, namely the ability to use our media in items that are meant for resale.
Unless otherwise declared as ‘Extended’, all media available on this site is licensed under the One Time Use license, including our Editorial media.
1. STANDARD License
A STANDARD IMAGE LICENSE grants you the right to use Images (subject to the restrictions described under Prohibited Uses below):
As a digital reproduction, including on websites, in online advertising, in social media, in mobile advertising, mobile “apps”, software, e-cards, e-publications (e-books, e-magazines, blogs, etc.), email marketing and in online media (including on video-sharing services such as YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc., subject to the budget limitations set forth in sub-section I.a.i.4 below);
Printed in physical form as part of product packaging and labeling, letterhead and business cards, point of sale advertising, CD and DVD cover art, or in the advertising and copy of tangible media, including magazines, newspapers, and books provided no Image is reproduced more than 500,000 times in the aggregate;
As part of an “Out-of-Home” advertising campaign, including on billboards, street furniture, etc., provided the intended audience for such campaign is less than 500,000 gross impressions.
Incorporated into film, video, television series, advertisement, or other audio-visual productions for distribution in any medium now known or hereafter devised, without regard to audience size, provided the budget for any such production does not exceed USD $10,000;
For your own personal, non-commercial use (not for resale, download, distribution, or any commercial use of any kind)
2. EXTENDED License
AN EXTENDED IMAGE LICENSE grants you the right to use Images (which rights are in addition to 1-5 above and exclusive to Extended Image Licenses):
In any manner permitted under a Standard Image License, without any limitation on the number of reproductions, impressions, or budget;
Incorporated into merchandise intended for sale or promotional distribution (collectively “Merchandise”), including, without limitation, textiles, artwork, magnets, wall-art, calendars, toys, stationery, greeting cards, and any other physical reproduction for resale or distribution, provided that such Merchandise incorporates material creative or functional elements apart from the Image(s).
In wall art (and without requiring further creative or functional elements) for decorative purposes in a commercial space owned by you or your client, and not for sale.
Incorporated as elements of digital templates for sale or distribution.
3. EDITORIAL License
- AN EDITORIAL LICENSE grants you the right to make a single, editorial use of an item of Editorial content, which single use may be distributed worldwide, in perpetuity.
- A “single use” for the purposes of this license permits the use of Editorial content in a single context (i.e., a news story, blog post, page of a publication) a single time, provided you shall have the right to distribute that use in-context across unlimited mediums and distribution channels. For example, the use of Editorial content to illustrate a printed article, maybe reused on a blog, on social media, etc., provided it is in-context to the original printed article. Any use not in-context to the original printed article would require an additional license.
- An “editorial use” for the purposes of this license shall be a use made for descriptive purposes in a context that is newsworthy or of human interest and expressly excludes commercial uses such as advertising or merchandising.
- Any use of Editorial Content licensed hereunder is further subject to those express restrictions set forth in Section 4.2 (prohibiting any use distributed via broadcast/cable/OTT, on publication covers, and in print runs in excess of 500,000) as well as any “special restrictions” (e.g., geographical or industry-specific usage restrictions) indicated on the image detail page and/or included in the metadata attached to an item of Editorial Content.
- All Editorial content shall be deemed “Editorial Use Only” for the purposes of this TOS.
- You understand that the Editorial content available for license can change at any time and you shall have no right to demand to license any particular item of Editorial content.
4.1 Prohibited Uses
- install and use the purchased image(s) in more than one location or post a copy of the purchased image(s) on a network server or web server for use by other users;
- sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the purchased image(s) or the rights granted under these terms;
- use any of the purchased image(s) as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
- use the purchased image(s) identified as “Editorial Use Only”, for any commercial, promotional, endorsement, advertising or merchandising use. For clarification, in this Agreement “Editorial Use Only” of Stock Media means use relating to events that are newsworthy or of general interest and expressly excludes any advertorial sections (i.e. sections or supplements featuring brand and/or product names or sections or supplements in relation to which you receive a fee from a third-party advertiser or sponsor);
- remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Stock Media
- use the Stock Media in a fashion that is considered by us or under applicable law to be pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libelous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Stock Media into disrepute;
- use the Stock Media in a way that places any person depicted in the Stock Media in a bad light or in a way that they may find offensive – this includes, but is not limited to, the use of images: a) in pornography, “adult videos” or the like; b) in ads or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; and c) uses that are defamatory, or contain otherwise unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use Stock Media containing the likeness of a person if such use implies that the model engages in any immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition;
- use Stock Media in a manner that competes with our business including, but not limited to, displaying Stock Media in any format (including thumbnails) for download or Export on a website or offering Stock Media for sale;
- use the Stock Media for editorial purposes without including the following credit adjacent to the Stock Media or in audio/visual production credits: ‘©[our name]’;
- incorporate the Stock Media in any product that results in a re-distribution or re-use of the Stock Media or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the Stock Media as an electronic file;
- to the extent that source code is contained within the Stock Media, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of such source code;
- use or display the Stock Media in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded, Exported or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement; or
- use or display Stock Media in such a manner that gives the impression that the Stock Media were created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of the Stock Media.
4.2 RESTRICTIONS SPECIFIC TO EDITORIAL
Use any Editorial content in a multi-media production distributed via broadcast, cable network, OTT video service (e.g. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon), or in theaters, or in related promotional materials.
Use any Editorial content on a publication cover, jacket, or other packaging related to the underlying use.
Use any Editorial content in a publication with a print run in excess of 500,000 copies.
5. CREDIT AND COPYRIGHT NOTICES
The use of Images in connection with news reporting, commentary, publishing, or any other “editorial” context, shall be accompanied by an adjacent credit to Luxembourg Images in substantially the following form:
“Sabino Parente/Luxembourg Images.lu”
Editorial credits shall take the following form:
“Sabino Parente / Picturae Studio / Luxembourg Images”
If and where commercially reasonable, the use of Images in Merchandise or an audio-visual production shall be accompanied by a credit to Luxembourg Images in substantially the following form:
“Image(s), used under license from LuxembourgImages.lu“
Credit attributions are not required in connection with any other use of Images unless another stock content provided is afforded credit in connection with the same use. For clarity, attribution is always required for Editorial content.
In all cases, the credit and attribution shall be of such size, color and prominence so as to be clearly and easily readable by the unaided eye.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS
Luxembourg Images warrants and represents that:
Footage and Images in its original unaltered form and used in full compliance with this TOS and applicable law, will not: i) infringe any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right; ii) violate any third parties’ rights of privacy or publicity; iii) violate any UE law, statute, ordinance, or regulation; or iv) be defamatory, libellous, pornographic or obscene.
Editorial content in the original unaltered form and used in full compliance with this TOS and applicable law, will not infringe a third party’s copyright, it being understood that the foregoing warranty does not apply to elements depicted in the Editorial content.
Luxembourg Images shall not be liable for any damages, costs or losses arising as a result of modifications made to the Content or due to the context in which you use the Content.
You will indemnify and hold Luxembourg Images, its officers, employees, shareholders, directors, managers, members and suppliers, harmless against any damages or liability of any kind arising from any use of the Visual Content other than the uses expressly permitted by this TOS. You further agree to indemnify Luxembourg Images for all costs and expenses that Luxembourg Images incurs in the event that you breach any of the terms of this or any other agreement with Luxembourg Images.
Please note that by purchasing a license to use the media on this site from us, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright exists, and you are purchasing a license to use the media as per the terms set out in this agreement.
For any uses not listed here, or for questions regarding our licensing please contact us.
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 1st, 2020